Friday, January 22, 2010

Where Did My Sewing Mojo Go?

I have lost my sewing mojo again. I wrote about this some time back. Sometimes I just get in a funk and don't sew. I think this episode might be due to the inordinate amount of holiday sewing and knitting I did. But it's been almost a month and I need to get back on track.

I think I'll start this weekend. I need a new pair of "khaki" slacks. I have a pattern that I'm working on to make a TNT. It is Vogue 7881. I've made a muslin and also 1 pair. The muslin fit pretty good, but the first pair didn't work out so well. I used a bottom-weight fabric with stretch, way too much stretch. I just am not able to get them to be anything but too big. I finally decided it was the fabric choice. So I'll work this weekend with some other bottom-weight cotton fabric I have in my stash.

No comments: