Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My First Garment

Wow! A month since I posted anything here. I knew I lost some momentum, and was out of town for a few days, and have been sick for over a week, but my, my. Where does the time go? 


This time of year reminds me of the first garment I ever made for myself. I started sewing as a little tyke. I remember making "diapers" for my baby dolls before I was in kindergarten. But I didn't make anything I could actually wear until 6th grade. I was 11 years old. It was a blue and black houndstooth check wool skirt. Back in the 60's it was called a dirndl skirt. It was 2 straight pieces of fabric sewed into a tube with elastic at the top. I think I put pockets in it, but I could be wrong about that. 


I loved that skirt! The fabric was awesome. I loved the colors. I wore it for a long time. I remember letting the hem down so I could wear it more. I have no idea whatever happened to it. But I sure did love it!

No comments: