Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Final Piece


So here's the jacket that goes with the slacks that will be worn at the 'dreaded sales meeting' tomorrow. (Oh, I forgot to mention that because The Love of my Live was so sick last week, the meeting was postponed to this week.)


Pattern: V2919 (now out of print)
Size: 6-20 I cut my usual size 18, narrowed the shoulder as usual. The jacket fits great which is weird since the slacks were so darn oversized.
Fabric: Purple wool tweed from my stash. Originally purchased from Fashion Sewing Group back in 2003.
Description: (from pattern envelope): Lined jacket has princess seams, front and back darts, stand-up collar and hook and eye closure
Comments: This jacket is easy fitting and easy to make. No buttonholes, no sleeve vents, no attached collar make construction a breeze. It's a good basic jacket that leaves room for creativity with the closures or coordinating fabric on the foldback collar.

No comments: