Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Afternoon Sewing

I've had a very 'sewing' afternoon. I am in love with Craftsy. I've signed up for a couple of classes and a couple workshops and I've bought a couple of patterns. This is a high quality site that provides instruction for a variety of crafts, not all of them thread (sewing, knitting, quilting) related. I saw a class today that is all about making great buttercream frosting! I also love that once you purchase a class it is available at all times, at your own pace. The files are not taken down after a set number of days. The video doesn't disappear. You can take notes, leave questions for the instructor or other participants. And the projects appear to be awesome. Most classes cost 39.99 although Craftsy features a couple classes on sale periodically. The workshops are run the same way. Some classes are offered free of charge. I signed up for a Block of the Month quilting class. (I am still surprised at my sudden interest in quilting.) The class is free and from what I've viewed, it's a good intro into quilting in a fun presentation. So that is how I spent part of my afternoon. 


I also worked on the blue rayon pants. I'm almost back to where I started. The pockets are reassembled, the back darts re-sewn. I'm ready to start the waistband. The waistbands are attached to the front & back separately, then sewn at the side seams. That will be the point where I will find out if all this effort, energy and time has been worth it. I sure hope so. 

No comments: