Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Those Lazy Days of Summer

Number 1 on my November sewing plan was to clean up my sewing room so I could actually starting sewing on the black pants et al. It wasn't a huge job. I'm a pretty neat seamstress. I'm one of those everything-has-place-and-everything-in-its-place kind of people. But I did have some fabric scraps laying around from summer projects, patterns that needed to be filed--that sort of stuff.
So before I file this pattern away I decided to post a picture of my creation, mostly because I just love this dress. I love the styling, the fabric, the way I feel when I wear it, the way The Love of My Life looks at me when I wear it--just everything about it.
Pattern: Vogue 1027
Sizes: Misses 6-22
Fabric: A soft 4-way stretch knit from Textile Studios; pink and black geometric print.
Description: (from the pattern envelope) "Calf length dress has semi-fitted, pleated and lapped bodice, bias skirt with inseam pockets and stitched hems."
I didn't put the pockets in because I knew I would end up putting my hands in them and that would spoil the look. The description doesn't mention the tie belt at the raised waist (both of which are easily seen on the pattern photos). I didn't think I would like the belt and I didn't think I would need the design interest with the print, but I was wrong. I ended up hand stitching the belt in place. However, I wish I had had enough fabric to make the belt double sided. The pattern calls for just turning the edges and stitching.
Would You Make This Again?: Yes, definitely. I would love to find another great soft knit like this and make a solid color version. And if I could figure out a way to make the sleeves longer, it would be awesome in the winter!


No comments: