Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Loes Hinse Experience

Loes Hinse Bolero Jacket   I made View A.
Loes Hinse Bolero Jacket
Description: Softly fitted, v-neck front jacket with insert collar piece. Two length styles included. Two closure options.
Sizing: XXS-XXL  I went down one size because I like my jackets to fit rather than be oversized. 
Fabric used:  Soft, drapey woven fabric from Textile Studios. (Stash fabric) It is berry and navy. 
Instructions: Ridiculously simple. I believe the tips that Loes includes as part of the construction really make the difference between a home-made look and a designer jacket.
Changes:  I added and 1-1/2" in length because the measurements on the pattern envelope would have made the jacket about waist length. I measured one of my very favorite jackets and added the extra length. I should have also measured the actual pattern pieces. The extra length wasn't necessary and I will remove it when I make this jacket again. 

Likes/Dislikes:  Very easy, goes together quick. Despite this quick &easy construction the jacket looks very classy—not the typical "2 Hour" garment.
Conclusion: I really like this jacket. The fabric is divine. It is so soft, but still holds the shape of the jacket. The fit is good. I think this style would look great in a jacquard fabric.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous... well done.

Pinkscissors said...

Thanks so much ShePaints.